Thank you for your interest in raising funds for ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE (a registered charity in England (1136251). These rules apply to all voluntary fundraising activity, and by signing up to fundraise for ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE, you agree to comply with them.
If you are under 18, you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
1. You agree to organise fundraising activities as an independent supporter of ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE. You should therefore refer to raising money “in aid of” ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE, rather than on ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE’s behalf.
2. You agree that you shall comply with any instructions or guidance provided by ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE relating to your fundraising activity, but it is your responsibility to organise all aspects of any fundraising activity undertaken by you.
3. You will be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your fundraising activity.
4. Unless ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE has provided you with branded materials as a result of your registration, you may only use the ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE name and logo for your fundraising activities with our written permission, and in accordance with the ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE Brand guidelines. To apply for permission, you will need to let us know how you propose to use the ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE name and/or logo on your own materials by emailing email@example.com, and provide us with examples and/or samples of such use if we request it.
1. You agree to pay all of the proceeds raised by your fundraising event to ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE as soon as possible after the event (and subject to any agreed timescale), and in accordance with ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE’s instructions. You may not deduct any costs unless otherwise agreed with ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE.
2. You shall encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Further information about the Gift Aid scheme can be found on our website at [URL]
1. By providing your information when you sign up to fundraise for ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE, ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE can use the details to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.
2. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when signing up to fundraise for ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE.
3. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE UK’s privacy statement which can be found at [URL].
1. If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE, you agree that these may be used by ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE for commercial and/or fundraising purposes. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 16 or over, and that they have consented to their image being used in this way.
1. You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activity are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending your activity.
2. You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
3. You acknowledge and accept that ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE’s insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
4. You will not do anything that threatens ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE’s reputation or name. If you do, ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE has the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately.
Updated 5th July 2019
1. If you are a UK taxpayer you are encouraged to claim Gift Aid when donating your own money to a fundraising campaign by completing the Gift Aid declaration which is available online. [URL]
2. If you pay in money other than money you are donating to ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE personally (e.g. cash from collections, family members, ticket sales and any activity where you get something in return for your money) you cannot claim Gift Aid.
3. Gift Aid can be claimed on individual donations that are made to ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE offline. To claim Gift Aid each individual making a donation must complete a Gift Aid declaration [URL] confirming that they are a UK taxpayer and provide his or her name and address including post code.
1. If you are creating a fundraising page and would like to upload photos to it, please ensure that you are either the owner of the copyright in the photo, or you have the permission of the person who is.
2. We welcome and encourage users to customise messages on fundraising pages, and to leave comments when making donations. However, racist, sexist, obscene, defamatory, misleading or otherwise offensive or upsetting language and/or content is not permitted.
3. The following uses of the Platform are also prohibited:
• posting or uploading any content or material that infringes someone else’s intellectual property or other legal rights, unless you have obtained the owner or relevant person’s consent first;
• running any form of prize draw, competition or lottery, or offering any form of incentive to encourage people to donate through their fundraising page;
• carrying out or encouraging any illegal or unlawful acts; and
• sending junk or “spam” communications, or any other form of messaging or content for promotional or commercial purposes.
4. ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE is not responsible for the contents of any fundraising page, nor do we necessarily endorse the fundraising activities referred to on any page. Whilst we do not actively monitor these platforms, if and when we become aware that a user has breached any of the terms of this section above, we reserve the right to close the relevant page, without further notice at our sole discretion. Please note that donations will not be refunded in these circumstances.
5. Fundraising pages will remain open, and donations can be made through them, unless and until they are deleted by the page owner.
In addition to the remaining Platform Terms the following terms apply where you link your ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE fundraising page with a Facebook fundraiser (“FB Fundraiser”).
2. Use of a FB Fundraiser is at your own risk and ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE will not be liable for any costs or losses you incur through your use of a FB Fundraiser.
3. Requests for refunds for donations, which are made on Facebook to a FB Fundraiser must be made through the Facebook refund process.
4. While ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE provide you with a link to set up a FB Fundraiser, this does not constitute an endorsement of Facebook. ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE has no control over, is not responsible for, and does not guarantee, Facebook’s website or resources including but not limited to whether the website is error free, accurate, free from viruses or it being error-free or free from offensive material and you use them at your own risk.
5. You acknowledge and agree that such FB Fundraisers are publicly available and any information provided by ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE, as set out below in point 6, on your behalf is non-confidential and non-proprietary in nature and that you grant all necessary licences and permissions to ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE to share, and receive, the information.
6. By linking your ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE fundraising page with your FB Fundraiser you agree that ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE may share the following data from your ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE fundraising page with Facebook:
• Page name*;
• Main image*;
• Target**; and
• Donation amounts**.
7. By linking your ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE fundraising page with your FB Fundraiser you agree that ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE will receive the following information from Facebook:
• Value of donations made on your FB Fundraiser (the identity of the donor will not be shared).
8. ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE reserves the right at any time, and without prior notice, to unlink your FB Fundraiser at its entire discretion. If ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE unlinks your FB Fundraiser but your ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE fundraising page remains active then all amounts raised up and until the date of the unlinking will continue to be displayed on your ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE fundraising page but no further donations to your FB Fundraiser will be automatically added.
*ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE will only share this information with Facebook once when the FB Fundraiser is created.If you edit this information on your ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE fundraising page after this date you will have to update you FB Fundraiser page separately.
**ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE will share this information with Facebook on an on-going basis. Facebook will be given the total donations raised on your ST GILES ANIMAL RESCUE fundraising page but not the identity of individual donors.
1. As access to all open fundraising pages on the Platform is unrestricted, and can therefore be seen by anyone, we advise users to avoid posting personal information about themselves or someone else (e.g. addresses, telephone numbers) when writing on a fundraising page.
3. We will also use your personal details for the purposes of sending you communications about our latest breakthroughs, campaigns and how you can help support our life-saving work where you have given your permission for us to do this when setting up a fundraising page and/or making a donation.